This has been in my draft for almost a year now. It is a trifle pudding recipe. I made this when my cousins came over for a meal. Actually, I had made a plain vanilla cake at home then.( Click here for plain cake recipe) But, I did not want to serve the same boring thing. So, I thought a trifle pudding would be more fun for a change.
The layers in the pudding were vanilla cake topped with a banana custard. Then came a layer of cranberry jelly. Then some slightly sweetened whipped vanilla cream and then some chocolate-cream-cookie crumbs. These layers were repeated.
- Bourbon cookies - 6-8 (optional)
- Plain vanilla cake - 1/2 kg ( click here for recipe )
- Cranberry jelly - 4 cups ( recipe below)
- Custard - 4 cups ( made according to box directions)
- Chiquita banana -1
- Heavy whipping cream- 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar - 3 tspns
Method for making cranberry jelly:
- In a pan heat 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup cranberry juice.
- Add 3-1/2 tspns of gelatin. When the gelatin has dissolved completely, turn off the heat. Add the remaining cranberry juice and stir.
- Cool and let set in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Make custard according to package directions
- When it is cool, add slices of Chiquita banana to the custard stir gently.
- In a clean bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks with powdered sugar. Let cook in the refrigerator.
- In the serving dish layer some slices of cake.
- Pour 2 cups of banana custard on the cake layer.
- Then spoon some jelly as the next layer.
- Then add dollops of the sweetened whipped cream.
- Crush some bourbon cookies and make this the next layer.
- Repeat these layers again.
- Serve cool