Happy New Year to one and all. May the year ahead bring you all health, wealth and happiness. Happy 2013 again.
For this special day, I have decided to post a special recipe. Hope you enjoy it :)
Ingredients: (Makes 3-1/2 dozen cookies)
- 1/2 cup softened butter (115 gms)
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup fine white sugar
- 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 2 cups chopped cashew (and more for garnishing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating well, then stir in the cream and vanilla.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in chopped cashew pieces.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets and press down a little.
- Place half a cashew on each cookie center (optional)
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.